After launching early support for Nintendo Switch development in February’s Unreal Engine 4.15 release, Epic is proud to announce fully-featured native support for the popular platform in Unreal Engine 4.16.
Epic Games has teamed up with Nintendo to release the full Unreal Engine 4 source code for Nintendo Switch to approved developers for free! After launching experimental support for Nintendo Switch development in February’s Unreal Engine 4.15 release, Epic is proud to announce fully-featured native support for the popular platform in Unreal Engine 4.16.
To learn more about the full range of new Nintendo Switch UE4 features, developers can register and join the Unreal Engine community today. Here’s how to get started:
- Become an approved Nintendo Switch developer at: https://developer.nintendo.com/.
- Complete the Console Development Request UE4 form. If you’re already accessing Unreal Engine 4 through a custom license or direct evaluation, email your Epic licensing contact for more information.
- Once your Nintendo Switch developer status has been confirmed, Epic will send you an electronic Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) via Docusign. Once it’s signed, you’ll receive an email containing instructions for accessing UE4 code and tools for Nintendo Switch.
- You’ll also gain access to the exclusive UE4 Nintendo Switch forum to interact with the new community.
- Once you’ve received source access, you’ll need to compile the code for the Nintendo Switch platform.
New Nintendo Switch UE4 Development Board
A new Nintendo Switch discussion board, mentioned above, is now available for approved developers in the UE4 Forums. Please keep Nintendo Switch development-based discussions within this private section of the forums. Feel free to report any technical issues you may encounter here in order to benefit from community-based support.
Additional Resources for Custom Licensees
Epic offers dedicated support and direct engine code repository access to companies with custom license terms. Do you need special terms? If so, get in touch and let us know about your project by completing our custom licensing form.