Cary, NC — Epic Games, Inc. has released the February 2011 UDK Beta, the latest version of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), the free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that provides access to the award-winning toolset used in blockbuster video games, 3D visualizations, digital films and more.
Epic is committed to providing the UDK community with regular software releases at no charge, and the latest beta is available now at http://www.udk.com/download.
Look for exciting news from the Game Developers Conference, which will be held February 28 to March 4 in San Francisco. Epic will be demonstrating major new features and upgrades to Unreal Engine 3 at the show.
UDK projects can be promoted to the community in the Works in Progress forum and the Released Projects forum.
It’s easy to sign up as a commercial UDK developer online. Have questions? Check out our FAQ. February Beta Upgrade Notes
- New preferences enable bracket visuals for selected actors in all editor modes.
- New motion blur preview is active and can be disabled by showing flags.
- Additional improvements were made to mobile Unreal Kismet support.
- Visibility tracks in Matinee can now be previewed by scrubbing the timeline slider.
- Modulative decals can now be correctly influenced by fog.
- UDK now supports 32-bit index buffers for skeletal meshes which have more than 65,535 vertices.
- UDKGame now has additional Steam integration examples.
- Substantial updates have been made to the Steam online subsystem.
- The FBX import pipeline has received improvements for importing and re-importing base LODs for static and skeletal meshes via the FBX pipeline.
- Upgraded Bink to version 1.99a, which fixes problems with 5.1 surround sound.
Updated UDN Pages:
UDK Forums: http://www.udk.com/forums UDK Developers on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2493123UDK on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/UDK/183744733429 Epic Games on Twitter:http://www.twitter.com/EpicGames Unreal Engine on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/UnrealEngine
© 2011, Epic Games, Inc. Epic, Epic Games, Unreal, Unreal Development Kit, UDK, Unreal Editor, Unreal Engine, UE3, AnimSet Editor, Unreal Content Browser, Unreal Frontend, Unreal Kismet, Unreal Lightmass, Unreal Matinee and UnrealScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.